- This event has passed.
Southwest High School Graduation
May 26, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The Bibb County School District will celebrate 2021 spring commencement ceremonies on Wednesday, May 26, 2021 for Southwest High School. The ceremony will be held at the Macon Coliseum, 200 Coliseum Drive, Macon. As in previous years, the graduation ceremony will be streamed live at www.bcsdk12.net.
Doors – 6:00 PM | Start – 7:00 PM
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, seating will be limited in the Macon Coliseum to a maximum 30 percent capacity. Each graduate will receive 5 tickets.
In previous years, Bibb County School District employees have been allowed entry without a ticket. This year, due to limited seating, all individuals will be required to present a ticket for entry.
Both the Bibb County School District and Spectra, which manages the Macon Coliseum, will follow safety protocols and regulations established by the CDC and Georgia Department of Public Health. Graduation ceremonies have been spaced several hours apart to allow enough time for the facility to be properly cleaned between each ceremony. Face masks will be mandatory, and families will be required to sit with their pod (family members) for safety purposes. Graduates will be allowed to take masks off for the official photo with their diploma.
All traffic will enter through the main entrance of the Macon Coliseum. Guests will be required to display tickets in order to enter the gates of the Macon Coliseum parking lot. Handicapped parking spaces will be located near the main entrance of the Coliseum. Please properly display an approved decal and let a traffic officer know if access to a handicapped parking space is needed.
- All guests age one (1) and older are required to have a ticket to enter the parking lot and venue. Tickets will be checked at the parking booth and will be validated at the venue entrance. There will be no admittance to a graduation ceremony without a ticket. This includes Bibb County School District employees, who must have a ticket for entrance this year.
- Face masks will be mandatory, and families will be required to sit with their pod (family members) for safety purposes.
- Security protocols for entry will include metal detectors, handheld wanding and bag searches. Guests should plan to arrive early in order to allow time for these safety measures.
- Only clear bags will be allowed into the Macon Coliseum.
- Loud or lengthy expressions of exuberance for one graduate distracts from the attention the next graduate deserves. Noisemakers (i.e., horns, whistles, etc.), beach balls, balloon bouquets, or other items that may disrupt the ceremony should not be brought into the Coliseum. Violators and others who display disruptive behavior may be escorted from the premises by Bibb County Campus Police Officers and/or other authorized personnel.